Saint Malo, la Cité Corsaire
Saint Malo, la Cité Corsaire Une histoire.
Saint-Malo a été construite entre les 16 ème et 18 ème siècles, alors que c’était un repère de nombreux ” corsaires officiels”. Leurs assauts , sur ordre du roi, ont permis à travers leurs prises sur les bateaux étrangers, et les franchises portuaires, d’enrichir la ville.
La ville a été largement détruite en 1944 et une grande partie de ce que l’on peut observer aujourd’hui a été reconstruit.
Intra Muros , ou “ dans les murs“,vous pouvez admirez les maisons en granit , datant de l’époque des corsaires. Vous pourrez vous balader dans les rues pavées de vieille ville,y faire du shopping, sortir dîner , ou faire le tour des des remparts qui l’encerclent.
Une partie de la ville fortifiée est reliée au reste de la ville , mais, avec la mer tout autour, et particulièrement à marée haute, on a l’impression d’être sur une île. Un des meilleurs moyens de découvrir Saint-Malo est de suivre les 2 km de promenade sur les remparts qui encerclent la vieille ville, avec de belles vues, à la fois sur Intra Muros, mais aussi sur les plages, la côte, et les alentours.
Téléchargez gratuitement l’application Saint-Malo Tour!
plan d accès
Pour accéder à la vieille ville, Intra Muros, il vous faudra une quinzaine de minutes à pied pour effectuer la distance d’un peu plus d’1 Kilomètre qui nous en sépare. Vous avez besoin de détente? Les célèbres Thermes marins ne sont qu’à 500 mètres par la digue.
- We loved this hotel. Located right on the beach. The staff were very friendly and accommodating. We had two nights with a balcony and one with a porte-fenetre, all on the water side. This hotel is the main reason we plan to return to Saint Malo.
- Pleasantly surprised by this hotel - it was not what I was expecting. Staff were very friendly and helpful - from check-in to departure. They were happy to recommend what turned out to be great places to eat.
- We made a late booking but were lucky to get a room with a sea view. Everything was to our satisfaction and we can definetly recommend this hotel.
- Off seasons got a great deal. Front row to see the high tidefrom the window
- 1. Location, the beach at your feet! 2. Good breakfast 3. The beach promenade, the long walks to St Malo 4. Our room had a good bathtub and cleaning was superb 4. Nice crew
- Friendly, English speaking staff. Coffee service (kettle, tea, instant coffee) in room. Lovely oceanfront view. Plenty of safe, free on street parking. 20 minute walk to old village.
- Un très bon rapport qualité / prix ! Je tiens surtout à souligner la qualité de l'accueil, extremement chaleureux, sympathique et bienveillant. Nous avons testé en 2 nuits, 2 chambres au 4éme et 2éme avec petit balcon. Les deux sont soignées et que dire de la vue sinon qu'elle est exceptionnelle. La salle de petit-dej est très lumineuse et les baies vitrées vous offrent une vue imprenable. J'y retournerai...C'est une certitude !
- Superb location on the sea front town centre a gentle 20 min walk excellent restaurants nearby
- Fantastic location only metres from the beach. Nicely designed bathroom and good breakfast.
- Located a short walk from downtown, beach just meters away, very friendly reception and an overall great deal for the price! Would definitely recommend and stay again!
- We always enjoy staying in your Hotel. The situation is lovely (apart from hunting for a place to park the car!) and the immediate area is very tranquil. The reception staff were charming and very helpful, as always.
- We had a wonderful beachfront view room, spacious and clean. The staff was friendly and helpful. Overall, great experience!
- Great location, good breakfast with fab view. Staff all very helpful and professional
- Excellently situation hotel. Easy walk to Intra Muros and a good selection of restaurant's adjacent to the hotel. Lovely large room and very warm. Reception staff friendly and efficient and spoke excellent English. Although street parking, this was never a problem. Lovely bar for a coffee or drink looking at the beach. Excellent value for money (it was an special offer price) we would definitely visit again.
- Stayed here several times on business over past 20 years, nice little hotel, with very friendly staff, and great location.
- We enjoyed staying at the Kyriad Saint Malo hotel. The staff were most welcoming and the rooms were very comfortable and clean. There was a fantastic view from the bar and the breakfast room of the beach, and we also sat outside on the terrace. There was plenty of space to relax in other parts of the hotel too. We had a room that faced the road, but although I am a light sleeper, the traffic did not disturb me. The old city is within walking distance, and we walked along the coast in the opposite direction as far as the sculpted rocks and caught the bus back. (There is a regular service, which stops near the hotel.) A great base for a relaxing break. Thank you.
- My wife and I have stayed at the Kyriad about 4 times now, and would recommend it to any one.....Although we like English breakfast, the continental is excellent. There is no evening meal, but that's the way we like it. We went out each evening for a meal. The old town gives the better selection of restaurants, but there are others just outside the hotel. A supermarket close by should you want to stock up for a picnic on the beach. Best place to stay in St Malo.
- Our stay at Hotel Kyriad couldn't have been more perfect. The hotel had a bar/restaurant overlooking the beach, and it was within short walking distance to the old city. It was the perfect place to relax and spend a romantic vacation, though families would also enjoy the location. The room was very comfortable, clean, and newly refurbished with large windows that let in lots of pleasant light (not that we stayed long in the room). The only issue we ran into was parking, the hotel has limited on site parking and otherwise you are on your own to find street parking. We lucked out in finding a spot right in front of the hotel, but you might have to drive around a bit. I definitely recommend staying here! I chose the hotel for the price and was extremely impressed with the accommodations. When I return to Saint Malo I will certainly try to book here again!
- Location is so perfect. Staff very pleasant and obliging. Can not wait to return.
- Lovely hotel & staff perfect location. Very nice bar/lounge overlooking the beach/sea.
- Very clean and very comfortable room, will definitely stay again
- Wonderful, helpful, friendly staff. They were patient when we tried to use our French & graciously switched to English as needed. right on the Sea walk with a mesmerizing view. An easy walk from the train station & into the walled city. Several excellent restaurants just steps away with delicious food, gracious staff, and reasonable prices.
- Great location right on the sea front, friendly staff, room fine, everything works, reasonable price, close to some great local restaurants, easy parking in the street
- Everything!!!! a lovely friendly hotel we would certainly come back Mark and Dawn from York England
- What a beautiful hotel. only wished that we could of stayed longer. everyone was lovely room was lovely annd the hotel has a beautiful charm about it. would def stay here again
- Took dogs, staff very friendly and location good on sea front 10-15 minutes nice walk to seafront. Wi fi good Garage holds only 2 cars, parking out front but I imagine busy periods it may be a problem
- The rooms are really nice and clean. Our family loved the bar downstairs with the sea view! Neighborhood is alright compared to the old town but I guess that's the trade off. Taxi only costs about £6 from hotel to the old town.
- We really enjoyed the single night's stay that we had at this hotel. Our room was clean with good facilities. The hotel staff were very helpful and we had no problem locating parking on the street near by. The terrace that faces the beach is a wonderful place to sit as the sun goes down with a beer in your hand. Would use this hotel again.
- Great location- about 10 minutes walk from walled town. Parking on the street no problem and the hotel is really easy to find when driving. We stayed overnight as we were getting the ferry to Portsmouth in the morning- 5 minutes drive to ferry terminal. Bar has great views of the beach. Room clean and spacious- bit stuffy though as we were in the roof on third floor
- Booked last minute having decided to go away for a few days to france, shame about the rain. Great Modern looking entrance into hotel, booking in was very easy only took seconds. Room was fairly small but comfortable, with a nice bathroom. We had a sea view, with small balcony. Could not be any closer to the sea, as you are looking straight at the beach. Would have been wonderful if not for the constant rain we had. Its about a 15 minute walk to the walled town of St Malo, straight along the sea front and about 25 minutes from the ferry port. which I don't mind.
- Friendly staff, clean rooms and great value. Worth spending that little extra on the sea view, which will provide you with either a balcony or "bay" window (allowing access to micro balcony). The view of sea (and crashing waves when the tide comes in) is wonderful. About a 15/20 minute walk along the seafront to the old walled city and plenty of restaurants nearby. Right next to tabac, boulangerie and a mini supermarket and "sandwicherie" very close by. Free wifi and reasonably priced bar. Can't comment on the breakfast as we developed a little habit of buying fresh pastries next door and coffees from the cafe 2 blocks left (although it looked good!). All in all, a great choice
- Perfect location on the promenade, good family room and good breakfast
- Really comfy and clean hotel with a bar the leads directly onto the beach! All the staff were polite and helpful and the amenities and facilities were up to date and perfect. Would definitely stay here again.